Wednesday 6 December 2017

Hi my name is Jayden and I would like to tell you about a new programme that we are using at school called summer reading programme what you have to do is  blog posts and comments to earn points to win the contest. In this part I am going to write three facts about mauwi


Three facts about mauwi

1. mauwi had a magic fishing hook that was made of bone.

2. It is even thought that mauwi caught a giant stingray with his magical fish hook.

3. It is also thought the sting ray ended up turning into new zealand itself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jayden,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Well done on making a start!

    These are three good facts bout Maui. He was pretty strong to fish up New Zealand, wasn't he?! I wonder if the stingray turned into all of New Zealand or just part of it. What do you think?

    Have you read any other stories about Maui? If you haven't, here's the link to a story about Maui and the sun. It's another really good one.
    http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-slowed-the-sun

    Let me know if you enjoy it!
    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jayden!

    My name is Ellee and I am another member of the Summer Learning Journey team blogging with you this summer!

    I hope you have had an awesome Christmas and New Years break?
    Have you been away anywhere?

    You have found some really good facts about Maui!
    It is true the North Island of new Zealand is Maui's stingray and it really does look a lot like one! (Wellington is the head and Cape Reinga is the tip of the tail!)
    I really like to fish, do you? I haven't caught very big fish but I think it is a lot of fun.

    You have made an awesome start to your blogging Jayden, hopefully we'll see you back soon!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.